Final board positions and duties are pending ratification of proposed club by-law changes:
- The duties of the President shall be as follows:
- To uphold the Constitution and By-Laws of the Club.
- To set the theme and agenda for the meetings with the Activities Director.
- To call all meetings to order and conduct them in an orderly manner.
- To call for special meetings when necessary.
- To form committees when necessary.
- Shall be an ex officio member of all committees.
- Shall have no vote on motions made at membership meetings and/or Board of Directors meetings, except to break a tie.
Vice-president & Membership Director
- The duties of the Vice-President shall be as follows:
- To assist the President with his/her duties.
- Shall work under the direction of the President to advance and promote the good image and beneficial works of the Club.
- Shall work with the President to recommend, determine and implement policy decisions made by the Board of Directors.
- Shall assist in the execution of committees and be responsible for directing and advising committees formed by the Board of Directors and coordinate committee activity with other functions of the club.
- If the President is absent from a meeting, the Vice-President shall assume the President's power for that meeting.
- The Vice President also will act as the Membership Director, and his/her duties shall be:
- To maintain a current membership roster.
- Maintain register of dues paid by members.
- To issue membership cards.
- To organize membership drives.
- Ensure all members are aware of the rights and sign the Code of Conduct for the club.
- Retain & catalog all club equipment going out & checks them back into inventory.
- The duties of the Communications shall be as follows:
- To take the minutes of Board of Directors meetings and membership meetings
- To maintain an electronic file of all minutes and make them accessible to the board.
- To submit summary of minutes to the Public Relations Director or committee for publication in monthly newsletter.
- If the President and Vice-President are both absent from a meeting, then the Secretary shall chair the meeting.Insure 3rd Friday Presenters have their presentation within the correct software and available in the cloud.
- Send a thank you note to 3rd Friday presenters. Monitor e-mail and answer general questions from members and non-members.
- Work with publicity director and president to collect newsletter content.
- Utilize surveys and other communications tools to gather feedback from membership.
- Help maintain calendar and other communcations on club Web site.
- The duties of the Treasurer shall be as follows:
- To administer the Club's finances.
- To collect and document monies owed to the Club.
- To manage the club’s Check book and arrange to have the President, Vice President and him/her self (Treasurer) to have check signing authority.
- Manage who has access and authority to use the club’s debit card.
- To reimburse expenses incurred by members on behalf of the Club.
- To submit a report to the Board of Directors on a quarterly basis, or when requested by the President.
- To submit and present an annual report to the club membership on the club’s expenses.
- To account for & discuss with the assigned liaison an updated and current inventory of club assets and gear, e.g. t-shirts, hats, glasses, kegs, equipment, and more.
- Files tax returns on time & reports back to the club about the club’s Balance Sheet for the year.
Public Relations Director
- The duties of the Public Relations Director shall be as follows:
- To promote the PHILADELPHIA HOMEBREW CLUB to the media and the public at large.
- To maintain a “scrapbook” of the Club's history and events, including, but not limited to, photographs.
- To assist in the creation of club publications, including, but not limited to, newsletters, posters, flyers, etc.
- To take pictures of events, judgings, and festivals and to upload these photos to Instagram, Facebook, and website where applicable.
- To research, design and maintain the club’s online presence (including but not limited to Facebook, Website, Twitter and Instagram). The site shall contain news and scheduling information, archives of recipes, photos, event information, newsletters and other items deemed pertinent.
- To administer access to various social media outlets to approved users to advance the club’s online presence.
- Coordinate membership benefits with local businesses and homebrew shops, in conjunction with the Activities Director and Public Relationship Director.
- Works with the Cellar Master to secure sponsorship for all homebrew competitions.
- The duties of the Activities Director shall be as follows:
- To arrange the club activities and events using a committee structure (i.e., Committee for Made on American Street, Committee for Dr. Pat Beer Week Talk, Committee for club field trips, Barrel Brew Committee)
- These committees will:
- Be comprised of Philly Homebrew Club members
- Arrange for tours, workshops and seminars in which the Club may participate.
- Arrange and plan for educational events for the general public and club membership.
- Plan club fundraisers each year and run these events in conjunction with other committees and board members.
- Plan regular club field trips to local bars/restaurants, breweries and distilleries or other craft establishments (aka bakery, etc.)
- Arrange for sponsorship for their activities where and deemed necessary
- To oversee raffles and auctions at events.
Monthly Meeting Director
- The duties of the Monthly Meeting Director shall be as follows:
- To oversee all monthly membership meetings
- To secure speakers for all monthly membership meetings
- To arrange for food to be served at all monthly membership meetings
- To oversee raffles at all membership meetings
- Manages all homebrew competitions & forms subcommittees for each competition including, but not limited to Winter’s Warmers, Philly Homebrew Cup, Iron Brewer, & MOAS.
- Finds judges for homebrew competitions.
- Obtains food, pens, medals, scoresheets, & any other supplies needed for each competition.
- Arranges food for all judges & staff at each competition.
- Mails/emails scoresheets out in a timely manner.
- Finds & arrange prizes to the winners.
- To arrange a tasting and feedback of member beers for the 3rd Friday membership meetings.
- To help the Activities Director coordinate workshops and demonstrations.
- To act as a head steward (or to designate a replacement) for competition beers for the club competitions.
- Works with the Vice President to secure sponsorship for all homebrew competitions.